- Basel, Switzerland. 11-12th, February 2017. English language.
- Madrid march 2017; Universidad de Lleida June 2017; Málaga september 2017; London october 2017; Barcelona november 2017; Vigo november 2017
- Brasil, 2017
- Mexico, 2017
- Winterthur, Switzerland, 2018 (3th-4th march).
Are you ready to learn WAA?
The training courses offered by Joseph Carri are in two parts.
The first includes teaching and practicing the correct techniques, with examples from the teacher´s personal experience including elite sports medicine. Students get to practice on each other under the supervision of Joseph Carri and his qualified assistants. This experience is essential for the individual to be able to feel the difference in the effects of using the right and wrong techniques.
The second part includes the application and understanding of the technical variations between different needles such as the Akabane needle. We also look at zonal percussion (the tapping with body movement,) and zonal friction (no needles are required, this is perfect for paediatrics).
It is essential to follow a course with experienced teachers, in order that this technique can be practiced correctly and can achieve outstanding results efficiently and effectively. Throughout our 15 years of experience we have maintained the purity of the teaching and use statistics and real examples. Self-teaching should be avoided.
Why a two-day course?
The course consists of a full weekend (intensive, with minimal breaks)
“After fifteen years of practicing this technique, I had a few students who told me that they didn´t always get the expected results. I spoke with them and asked them to demonstrate how they performed the techniques and how they localised the points. I found serious errors in the application of the needles and as a result they were not seeing the benefits!
Most students can learn this technique from a one day course, although, even with multimedia materials including dvds and youtube, some students still make major mistakes. I decided to try adding an additional half day to the course where more protocol information was taught, including scratching zonal points… and where we revised the 12 points and correcting techniques one by one. This confirmed my suspicions; a percentage of the students who had believed to have learned this technique in a day were carrying it out incorrectly.
Since then I have taught this course over two days to great success. It is important to digest the information over night and then return to it the following day. Now all my courses are a full weekend and certificates are not given to the students who have not attended both days.”
- Historical approach of acupuncture in China.
- Discovery of Ankle Acupuncture by neurologist Dr. Xin Zhu Shan.
- The WAA in the last 35 years. Evolution of the technique.
- Clinical studies.
- History and diagnosis.
- The 4 body bands and the six zones of influence.
- Diagnostic practice and examples from the teacher.
- The 12 points of treatment. Anatomical review. Location one by one, and individualized correction of all points.
- Nomenclature of treatment. Practical clinical examples of the teacher´s experience.
- Application of WAA.
- The WAA intradermal needle in China today. Uses and indications. Practice.
- Review of hygiene, asepsis and manipulation of the needles. Sterilization and disposal of contaminating material.
- The WAA filiform needle. Different types of needles.
- Methodology and application. The 1” Chinese needle.
- Practical supervision of the insertion of the needles amongst students.
- Review and correction of the 12 points.
- The WAA filiform needle 1.5 “
- Application practice and additional tuition and assistance from the teacher with the more complex points, allowing them to become as simple as the others.
- Supervised practice between students.
- WAA in hospital practice.
- Protocols according to the latest clinical trials, expected results, number and frequency of treatment sessions for different pathologies.
- The palpation test prior to insertion. Demonstration of use and usefulness.
- Zonal scraping technique (without needle). Possible uses and applications.
- The percussive technique. Possible uses and applications.
*Students may bring patients to be treated by the teacher during the course.
*Registered students may also be treated during the course, but the teacher needs to be informed prior to the start date.